Effective exercises varicose veins on the legs
Varicose veins - vascular disease, which is characterized by thinning of the venous walls, expansion lost the tone of the plots, the narrowing of the vascular lumen, blood stasis. Varicose veins are able to affect veins of any part of the body, but the most common is varicose veins of the lower extremities and varicose veins of small pelvis in women.
Patients with varicose veins the legs feel heavy, calves & feet, swelling, dystrophic changes appear of the skin, the affected areas vascular protrude above the surface of the skin in the form of asterisks.
According to medical statistics, 75% of the population in developed countries suffers from this disease. This is not surprising because the varicose veins cause poor diet, bad habits, bad ecology and a sedentary lifestyle. Relieve symptoms of pathology will help special exercises for varicose veins of the legs.
The benefits of exercise with varicose veins of the lower extremities
Exercise is important in any vascular pathology, varicose. Gymnastics will help:
- To increase the blood flow in the affected areas and blood vascular healthy veins;
- To increase the tone of all blood vascular and arteries of the body;
- To improve cardiac stamina;
- To get rid of swelling and discomfort in the legs and other parts of the body affected by varicose veins;
- Lower the pressure on the walls of blood vascular.
In addition, physical activity improves the patient's quality of life due to a rush of endorphins: patients easier to cope with a bad mood caused by the constant pain in the legs, they are less likely to fall into depression, endure the stress.
If you decide to exercise with varicose veins of the lower extremities, remember about safety rules. Not complying with them, you will hurt yourself even more.
- Wear comfortable stretchy clothing (sports uniforms);
- Do not make sudden movements and turns by the body;
- Don't overdo it: heavy loads will increase the pressure on the blood vascular;
- Ventilate the room before training: mind and heart necessary oxygen supply;
- Eat no later than two hours prior to class;
- Use a special exercise Mat on the floor to keep warm: the cold causes blood vascular to narrow, which further reduces the blood flow;
- The duration of physical exertion the first time should not exceed half an hour. Subsequently, the gymnastics can be increased to hours;
- Exercise regularly, but not more than 5 times a week: the body must have "output";
- In the presence of other chronic diseases, consult your doctor: he canadvise to limit certain types of exercise.
Remember, varicose veins cannot be cured completely. But performing simple physical manipulation, you will be able to facilitate the course of the disease and slow its development.
Exercises for the legs
To exercise change into your PT gear. You will need a Mat, pillow, cushion. In the place where you are going to do, put a pitcher of drinking water: during exercise you want to drink.
- Relaxation of the feet. Place 2-3 pillows at the base of the Mat, put them on your feet. Lie on a Mat, arms stretched along the body. Legs should be raised above the level of the rest of the body. Under the head put nothing. Do the exercise as much as you want. Also this exercise it is advisable to end the session.
- Stand next to a wall, facing it. If necessary, hold on to the surface. If the walls do not reach, and the wobbly wardrobe, set yourself a regular chair and stick to the back. Position your feet, the heels of each other, slightly apart capes. Slowly rise up on tiptoe in the top position hold for a few seconds, then as slowly descend. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Sit on a chair or on the floor, remove your shoes, if there is one. Try to grab your toes for the floor, as if trying not to fall: similar grasping movement we perform hands. Stay in suspense as much as I can. Can try to move legs small light items.
- Bike. Lie on your back, arms along the body. Raise your legs off the floor by 30-40 degrees (the lower the legs the harder the exercise). Start to pedal an imaginary bike. Exercise: 20-30 seconds. You can do 2-3 sets.
- A pair of scissors. Take original position on the floor, lift the leg and cross them so the top was then right, then left leg. Perform each exercise at a moderate pace 30-60 seconds.
- Crab. Sit on the floor, put your hands behind your back and press your palms into the Mat. Bend your knees and lean on the foot. Lift your body off the floor, lifting the pelvis. Running at a slow pace. After 2-3 weeks, exercise can be more difficult, raising the right or left leg.
- Sitting on a chair, lift one leg and start rotating it clockwise. You can then change the direction. Do the exercise with both feet in all directions.
Strengthening of the buttocks is an important step in the treatment of varicose veins. After the first month of training legs will become more flexible, the muscles get stronger, the easier it will be to move the jumps, the wide steps, run.
Examples of exercises for the glutes:
- Take a starting position lying down. Not lifting feet from the floor, pull your feet to yourself, bend them at the knees. Return the leg to its original position, lift them up (45 degree angle). Together with the legs lift the body. At the highest point, hold for a few seconds, then slowly unfold. Don't hold your breath, inhale and exhale freely. The tempo of the slow movements.
- Put your feet on a chair, calves should fully touch the chair. Lie on the floor, stretch your arms along the body. Slowly lift your pelvis to the level of a chair, lower yourself just as slowly. Time to complete: 40-60 seconds.
- Swimmer. Lie on your stomach, stretch your arms in front of him. In turn, raise right and left leg as high as you can. If strong enough, can raise and arm (left leg - right with right foot - left). Do 1 minute.
Exercise with varicose veins of small pelvis
Varicose veins of the pelvic organs is a common phenomenon in women after childbirth. To combat this complication are assigned special exercises for the vagina and uterus Kegel exercises.
- Within 15 seconds quick squeeze and open your vagina muscles. After a break of 30 seconds. Then repeat.
- Squeeze the vaginal muscles for 30 seconds, then relax.
- Squeeze and open your muscles at any convenient rate within two minutes. After 1-2 weeks of training increase the run time to 5, then to 10 and 15 minutes.
Besides gymnastics Kegel there are several traditional exercises to bring tone to the pelvic organs:
- The rise of the hip. From a standing position bend your leg at the knee, and then straighten. Perform 30 seconds, 2-3 sets.
- Squats. Squat without lifting the heels off the floor at a slow pace for 30-50 seconds.
- In the supine position raise legs above the torso and spread them apart. Again, pinch and pull apart. Running at any pace, 1-2 minutes.
When dealing with varicose veins it is necessary to observe all recommendations of the doctor to follow the diet, regularly exercise. Walk often and refrain from harmful habits.
Take care of your health!