Diagnosis and treatment of angina
Coronary heart disease today affects not only the elderly but also the younger generation. The disease is known as angina, the symptoms and treatment of which we will explore in more detail.
The disease affects the coronary arteries, coating their walls and atherosclerotic plaques. The closest analogy is the scum formed on the walls of the old kettle. The arteries as a result of "akimania" gradually decreases, which leads to "starvation" of the heart muscle.
Angina - what is it and is there a way to deal with vascular lesions? Ways darkness, including folk, but about this we will tell later.
Classification of angina pectoris
Angina is divided by physicians into three options:
- Variant. The symptoms were caused by the contractions of the coronary arteries. Plaque may be present, but it can also happen that the diagnosis does not reveal them. The symptoms appear early in the morning, at night or at rest. To struggle with bouts possible with nifedipine and Nitroglycerin.
- Unstable. In fact, we are talking about Pis. With the progression of angina duration, severity and frequency increases. This means that the patient needs urgent hospitalization.
- Stable. Atherosclerosis narrows the arteries on average, 50-75%, platelets start to be damaged, clots formed. Then continue to narrow the vessel slows the flow of blood, frequent attacks. Stable angina, the main symptoms and treatment of which we will describe below, is divided into four functional classes. Understanding class allows the physician to choose a set of allowable physical activity and medications.
You are having angina - what is it and what are the reasons for the sudden attack? And most importantly - how to deal with the symptoms? Provocateurs can be physical exertion or stress. Low temperature, stuffiness, high blood pressure symptoms can vary considerably. May provoke an attack and banal overeating.
Lasts pain syndrome is usually about 15 minutes. The pain radiates to the neck, under the scapula, forearm and jaw.
Happen and other unpleasant feelings:
- heaviness in the stomach;
Occasionally there are only the side effects (headaches, gastric discomfort) - this complicates the diagnosis. It is important not to confuse angina with myocardial infarction. Inthe latter case, attacks are short-term, and you can remove them with a reception Nigeria and nitroglycerin.
And here is a list of external signs of the disease:
- droplets of cold sweat oozed on his forehead;
- pale skin (and sometimes redness);
- suffering on the face;
- a rare and shallow breathing;
- cold hands;
- fingers have lost their sensitivity;
- rapid, and after dying pulse.
The causes of the disease
The main causes and symptoms
The main causes of disease - hypertension and coronary atherosclerosis. Cardiac muscle and coronary vascular are poorly supplied with oxygen, and it does not meet the needs of the heart. What is happening provokes myocardial ischemia, leading to oxidation of blood and excessive contents of metabolic products.
Sometimes, the heart muscle needs an increased supply of oxygen. The reason this may be the following diseases:
- hypertrophic cardiomyopathy;
- dilated cardiomyopathy;
- stenosis of the aortic valve;
- aortic regurgitation.
Angina may also occur on the background of other serious ailments and allergic or infectious lesions.
For IBS is chronic and intensifies with increased physical loads. May provoke an attack:
- wet or cold weather;
- the beginning of the walk;
- sweltering summer days.
The chances of occurrence of coronary artery disease significantly increase if the patient refers to the probable risk. The first group consists of not modified factors to eliminate that person is unable:
- Genetic predisposition. Look to their ancestors (male line). If one of them died before 55 years of age, and the cause was a heart attack and you are the son of the deceased you should think about heredity. Similarly - through the female line only, the age limit increases to 65.
- The age and sex. In men after 55 years angina develops more often than in women. The reason is the overabundance of estrogen in the blood. The situation is changing during menopause, women also become prone to this disease.
- Race. Angina is dominated by the Europeans - especially Northern residents. Southerners suffer from heart attacks much less often. Blacks have the lowest percentagemorbidity.
A modified group includes factors arising under the influence of man. Of these risk groups you can get, with the effort.
Let us consider the main factors:
- Aboutis fat (overweight). As the weight loss of the patient in the blood decreases cholesterol, decreases blood pressure. Consequently, the risk of heart attack is minimized.
- Emotional stress. Try to avoid stressful situations and excessive worry then the probability of attacks is significantly reduced.
- Diabetes. The level of sugar contained in the blood must be maintained in normal condition - thus the frequency of the attacks can be controlled.
- Hypertension. High blood pressure to no good result.
- Bad habits. Should exclude Smoking and alcohol from your life.
- Lack of exercise. Bigger move, because physical inactivity is a sure way to CHD.
Giving the patient the necessary help required to immediately deliver it to the clinic to confirm the diagnosis and develop a treatment plan.
Diagnostic testing includes the following steps:
- The drafting history of the disease. The doctor listens carefully to patient complaints and identifies preliminary cause of the disease. Checked pulse, blood pressure, heart rate (measured by their frequency). Then comes the turn of laboratory diagnostics.
- Blood tests. If you found cholesterol plaques is an alarm bell, indicating the onset of atherosclerosis.
- Instrumental diagnostics.
The last point should be given special attention because instrumental examination gives the most complete picture of the disease.
This type of diagnosis include:
- Holter ECG monitoring. To the patient for 24 hours mounted portable logger, fixing of ECG and transmitting the extracted information to the computer clinic. So reveal probable cardiac work.
- Testing. The reaction of the heart are tested with various loads - it is created by the Ergometer (you can substitute a treadmill).
- Multislice computer tomography. Is required for the differentiation of angina from other ailments.
- Coronary angiography. The doctor uses this technique toto determine the choice of treatment (operative or conservative).
- Echo. Determines the degree of damage, affecting the heart vascular.
Laboratory studies involve the analysis of blood. It should be detected the presence of the following substances:
- cholesterol (total, low and high density);
Sometimes painful syndrome in the chest hiding completely and other ailments. That's what "masked" under angina:
- disorders of the spine and chest (tinea versicolor, osteochondrosis);
- myocardial infarction;
- lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (diseases of the esophagus, ulcers);
- lesions of the lungs (pleurisy, pneumonia).
If the patient discovered angina treatment of folk remedies should recede into the background. Dominates in this situation, conservative treatment, and if he doesn't bring a result - the doctor may go for surgery.
Conservative methods include non-pharmacological and pharmacological therapy.
Doctors prescribe the following medications:
- inhibitors (f-ACE) - normalizes blood pressure and lower the amount of heart contractions;
- antiplatelet agents - inhibit thrombosis;
- lipid-lowering drugs (staticy, fibrates, polyunsaturated fatty acids) to stabilize the formation of atherosclerotic plaques;
- antagonists of calcium are appointed with vasospastic angina, help to prevent coronary spasms;
- nitrates of prolonged action - when emotional outbursts and increased stress have a preventive effect;
- nitroglycerin - relieves the attack.
And here is a list of non-medicamental therapeutic modalities:
- cast height and weight to the normal index;
- diet focused on lowering cholesterol;
- individual loads (therapeutic exercise);
- non-traditional medicine (folk remedies);
- the eradication of bad habits (alcohol, Smoking).
Surgical intervention involves the following operations:
- coronary angioplasty;
- coronary artery bypass grafting.
There are five steps to assist the person who is "twisted" heart attack. Remember them - one day it will save someone's life.
- To seat (bench, chair, land - they're all good).
- Bare chest of the victim.
- To examine the contents of his pockets or bag (you are interested in pills of validol, valokordin, nitroglycerin). To remove one tablet and place under the tongue of the patient.
- To time. Improvement should occur in 1-2 minutes. In the absence of positive shifts, you must call the ambulance.
- To explain the arrived physicians picture.
If angina are surprised by on a regular basis - treatment of folk remedies can be a good help. Consider some of the recipes.
- Tincture of rose hips and hawthorn. 3-4 spoons (tablespoons) rosehips and hawthorn sealed a liter of boiling water. A mixture of hiding - she needs a day to infuse. Turgid fruits are pressed and prorezyvatsja. Take thrice a day a glass. The course lasts a fortnight.
- Juice motherwort. Fresh juice (40 drops) taken every day before meals. In winter, the juice is mixed in equal proportions with vodka. The course lasts for a month.
- Beans sown. Juice squeezed from fresh pods, and daily before eating used 2 scoops (tablespoons). In disorders of sugar metabolism bean juice is especially helpful.
- The roots of Valerian. Tablespoon chopped roots pour a glass of boiling water and insist the whole night in a thermos. Three times a day before meals mixture used in the amount of one third of a Cup. The course of treatment is two weeks.
- Peppermint-Valerian mixture. Peppermint leaves root and roots of Valerian (1 part) mixed with Adonis (2 parts). The mixture (2 teaspoons) infused in a Cup of boiling water (half an hour) and small SIPS drunk during one day.
People in need of potassium, the daily rate which is approximately 300-3000 mg. This trace mineral normalizes heart rate, improves the functioning of the endocrine system and heart muscle. Contain potassium in the following products:
- black currant;
- dairy products;
Prevention of angina pectoris also brings tangible results. Watch your weight, quit bad habits, enter into the diet foods that are rich in potassium. Genetic predisposition does not mean the cross on your life.
To overcome this problem, increase the elasticity of blood vascular and strengthen the heart muscle. Avoid inactivity, more move, and everything will be fine.
It is important to know that there are rare species under the name of: anginaprinzmetals.