As in time to prevent a stroke
Under the stroke means an acute violation of blood circulation in the brain, focal or General cerebral. The disease is the second most common cause of death and one of the main causes of disability. 70-80% of those affected are disabled, of which up to 30% require special care.
Stroke prevention is an effective method to extend the life of yourself and your family in the literal sense of the word.
Types of stroke
Causes of disease there are several. In accordance with a stroke of the brain is divided into 3 types. Also isolated, although not in all works, side hemorrhage non-traumatic nature, refer them to the mind of hemorrhagic stroke.
Ischemic - share is 75-85%. Also known as cerebral infarction. Ischemic stroke of the brain provoked by the reduction of working cross-section of the arteries of the head. There is a softening of the tissue, which usually can not be restored.
With the exception of a pathology of blood vascular and heart, most of them quite trivial.
- Age-related changes - weakening of the heart function, damage the walls of blood vascular rheumatic, and so on ultimately associated with reduced level of metabolism and degree of wear of the body. The age range here is heavily blurred and depend on the quantity and quality of bad habits.
- Hypertension - in the majority of cases the impetus for the development of disease - hemorrhagic stroke is high blood pressure. If this picture is long enough to ignore it, even in the absence of other symptoms is impossible. A brain stem stroke on the background of the crisis - is not uncommon, but only to pass the figure of 160/95 mm Hg. art increases the risk of hemorrhagic bleeding in 4 times.
- Heart disease, in particular atrial fibrillation, increases the risk 3 - 4 times. Heart failure - 3 times.
- Diabetes - this disease is often accompanied by various forms of atherosclerosis, which in turn dramatically increases the danger of blocking of the arterioles of the brain.
- Transistor ischemic attack (TIA) increases the threat of stroke and heart attack.
- Smoking increases the risk of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke in 2 times.
- Stenosis of the carotid arteries the risk of formation of brain stem stroke increases by 70%.
The difficulty of assessing the real risk is that most of these factors can be quite moderate, but they combine to create thefertile ground for the development of stroke. Therefore, to evaluate the use of special tests, allowing to calculate the individual risk for each patient.
Depending on the nature of the underlying risk factor prevention includes various prevention measures. The main of them are 4 directions.
Prevention of stroke in patients with hypertension
Hypertension is classified according to severity. And as in most other such cases, patients suffering from a mild form, often ignore the disease, at best resorting to folk remedies or mild asthma. However, according to statistics, 61% of people affected by ischemic stroke and 39% of hemorrhagic stroke was observed just a soft form, that is, the pressure ranges from 140/90 to 180/105 mm Hg. article
Hypertension is the main factor in the development of atherosclerosis along with cholesterolemia, it is the cause of rheological changes in the blood. Sharp short-term increase in pressure is the primary "provocateur" of lacunar infarctions.
Thus, according to only 50% of patients know about their disease and only 15% get the required assistance.
Prevention of ischemic stroke, and hemorrhagic necessarily involves the identification of patients with hypertension and their treatment. Studies show that drug therapy is both soft and severe forms of AD reduces the risk of stroke.
Is as follows:
- treatment antihypertensive drugs or non-drug methods;
- the correction of HELL to levels that are optimal for the patient. It requires to take into account comorbidities: diabetes mellitus, lipid metabolism, form of atherosclerosis, etc.;
- is the orientation on long-term, sometimes lifelong treatment.
HELL cannot be cured once and for all, the value of the arterial pressure need to monitor and take action if any deviation.
Prevention of stroke in patients with heart ailments
Half of the cases of cardioembolic stroke due to atrial fibrillation. By itself, the disease refers to a moderately heavy, but as a factor in the development of the disease arrhythmia is the most dangerous.
Prevention of the disease is reduced to the use of anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents - drugs that reduce blood clotting and the risk of formation of blood clots. According to studies, the risk of stroke is reduced by 60-70%.
Prevention of abnormalities in patients with TIA is similar. It often is assigned to aspirin and ticlid or a combination thereof depending on the General condition of the patient. Antiplateletprevention is effective only in case of prolonged, continuous use up to several years. Therefore, the treatment of suffering from HELL, TIA or atherosclerosis believe life.
Correction of lipid metabolism in patients with atherosclerosis
The disorder of fat metabolism or increased cholesterol low density is the cause of many troubles. Atherosclerotic plaques - a common consequence of high cholesterol at the same time are one of the most "effective" means the narrowing of the working section and the blockage of the bloodstream.
Atherosclerotic plaque in the carotid artery could easily be the cause of cerebral embolism, even in cases when the degree of stenosis are small.
How to prevent a stroke in this case? Used 2 areas:
- antiplatelet therapy dipyridamole and aspirin;
- angiosurgery - removal of atherosclerotic plaque by surgery.
General preventive measures
Conducting all of the measures described above can easily recognize the meaningless, if this does not change the way of life. Prevention of stroke must include the following.
- Complete quitting Smoking - in this case Smoking is not harmful, and deadly habit, considering the consequences of ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke. And if death is to some extent the patient seems something unreal, is to focus his attention on other impacts: partial paralysis, violation of cognitive functions, memory loss, dementia and so on.
- Avoiding alcohol - spirits are excluded completely. Moderate consumption of red wine may be after lowering blood pressure.
- Weight loss is the most significant "mechanical" factor, as it is an unnecessary strain on the heart and blood vascular. Often excess weight is the starting point for the development of diabetes, and in this case, the risk of stroke in the brain increases.
- Proper nutrition includes measures to reduce the consumption of products with a dangerously high level of cholesterol low-density. This means exclusion from the daily menu of fatty meats and sausages, cream, sour cream, butter. And eating foods rich in fiber - raw vegetables, fruits, cereals.
- Stroke prevention folk remedies are ineffective. The most famous include decoctions of the bark of mountain ash, Valerian and hawthorn. Do not use recipes in which one of the components is vodka: any preparations and products that contribute to the expansion of blood vascular should be excluded.
- Physical activity - if classessports were an indispensable part of life, it is likely that other preventive measures will not need. But if they come running after age 40 or as prevention of recurrence, should be careful. At low levels of muscle development and the presence of other diseases, the choice of exercises will have to be approached with the utmost seriousness. Recommended aerobic exercise - Biking, fast walking, swimming. The intensity of training should be determined by General condition.
A brain stem stroke - extremely serious and dangerous disease. With age, the risk of its occurrence increases, and with unhealthy lifestyle, increases in several times. Thus prevention of the disease is simple, in fact, reduced to a series of standard recommendations.
However, each of these rules are many years of research and the efforts of doctors to save lives.