What is glioz brain
Glios brain - a secondary disease, the result of any of the disorders of the Central nervous system. Treatment it is difficult, or rather speaking, impossible, since the replacement of nerve cells is irreversible auxiliary. However, to stop the growth of such education or to warn him it's possible.
The clinical picture
Central nervous system comprises three kinds of cells:
- neurons - the functional cells carrying out signal transmission;
- ependyma - cells lining the ventricles of the brain, they make up the Central canal of the spinal cord;
- glia - support cells, providing metabolic processes: trophic, support, secretory and other functions. Glial 10-15 times smaller than the neurons, their number exceeds the number of nerve cells in 10-50 times, at about 40% of the mass.
When functional damage of the nervous tissue, the place of dead neurons - hearth, is glial. Such a substitution provides the flow of metabolic processes, even in the case of the death of nerve cells. Glia form a kind of scar tissue.
Their appearance is clearly secondary, as cell death had already occurred, the focus of gliosis only points to the location of the lesion. Treatment is not possible.
The process of filling gleami cannot be called disastrous, whatever the reason. Foci of neuronal damage in the white matter can not be left blank, because then disturbed metabolism in the brain.
Glee, filling the space, provide for normal metabolic processes and neuro-regulatory interface is to perform the functions of the cells can not.
Varieties of gliosis
Lesions of neurons leads to deterioration of the functionality of the Central nervous system. To treat them, as already mentioned, there is no possibility, so as to recover lost neural tissue is impossible. To remove the source of congestion gli also unacceptable, because it performs a substitution function.
As a rule, defeat has a certain area of the localization of the lesion, although not always.
The place of concentration and form changes, glios brain can be classified into the following groups:
- Anisomorpha form cell structure Gly predominates over the fibrous. The growth is chaotic.
- The fibrous form is predominant fibrous structure, characteristics, prevalence of pronounced.
- Diffuse - there are no lesions, tissue changes are observed notonly in the brain but in the spinal cord. Such a picture characteristic of diffuse pathological conditions like cerebral ischemia. Treatment obviously need to start with elimination of the underlying disease.
- Focal has clearly limited section of the hearth. Usually a result of inflammatory process leading to neuronal death. Here the treatment is useless.
- Regional - the lesions are located mainly on the surface of the brain under the shell
- Perivascular - glia surround sklerozirovanie blood vascular. Such changes are often observed in systemic vasculitis. To prevent the development of disease, it is necessary to treat multiple sclerosis primarily.
- Subependymal - the lesion is localized in subependyma - ventricle of the brain.
Dimensions gliosis are the amount of physical and incalculable. It is equal to the increase of glial cells relative to the number of normal active neurons per unit volume. The larger the lesion and the less it is localized, the more difficult the work of the CNS.
Glioz of the brain, not as a separate disease with no characteristic symptoms. All disorders related to the nervous system inherent to many other ailments.
Moreover, if glios not associated with neurological disease, like multiple sclerosis, any symptoms at all. Diagnosed randomly, along with the underlying disease.
Causes of illness can be different, but the manifestation, if present, are about the same:
- regular headaches, the treatment with standard, relieving spasms drugs no effect;
- changes in blood pressure are not specific;
- dizziness, weakness or excessive fatigue. Status reasons may be different, but the memory loss should be of concern;
- deterioration of coordination of movements. The cause of the symptom associated with gleami replacement of damaged nervous tissue and, therefore, poor signal transmission;
- memory impairment, a marked decrease in memory functions. The reason is the same - lack of functional nervous tissue. The treatment in this case is useless.
Sometimes the disease provokes seizures. Usually, the cause is a major focus.
Otherwise, the disease appears in young children. The reason for the replacement of nerve tissue gleami associated with any congenital abnormalities. That is, the first as a result of illness are dying nerve cells, and then the affected area is filled gleami.
For example, the disease is Tay-Sachs, in which there is development of gliosis manifested by 4-5 months of a child's life. The symptoms indicate that disorders in the Central nervous system: regression of physical and mental development, loss of hearing and vision, difficulty swallowing, seizures. Predictions in this case is extremely pessimistic, and the treatment does not give results.
This kind of congenital abnormalities associated with disorders of lipid metabolism. They can be found if to analyze the amniotic fluid at 18-20 weeks of pregnancy. If the fetus is detected such violation, the pregnancy is recommended to interrupt. Treatment is not possible.
The causes of the disease
Causes gliosis and, or rather, the initial disease that led to changes in the substance of the brain, are:
- multiple sclerosis;
- ischemic disease of the brain;
- inherited disorders of fat metabolism;
- infectious disease, establishing the inflammatory focus;
- a traumatic brain injury.
It is important to distinguish between disease treatment and prevention. To restore the dead nerve tissue, of course, impossible, but it is important to prevent the further expansion of education, AI in such a way to treat the disease.
Diagnosis and treatment
Diagnose disorders with sufficient accuracy can only be magnetic resonance imaging.
The method allows to clearly define the scope of change and its localization, and, hence, to clarify or to establish the real reasons of defeat, as the localization of the lesions in contrast to the specific symptoms.
It is necessary to treat the primary illness. Treatment of gliosis is only a warning of the pathological distribution.
- It is necessary to follow some recommendations.
- The rejection of fatty foods. Pathological proliferation Gly associated with disorders of lipid metabolism. Even if such a hereditary disease is not, but the focus of gliosis has already occurred, excessive consumption of fat will contribute to the growth of nonfunctional cells. A complete rejection of fats is invalid, but their number should be minimal.
- Healthy lifestyle - the simple rules of supply and mode of physical activity can prevent the majority of disorders of the Central nervous system and changes in metabolic processes.
- Regular inspection reduces the risk of diseases, provoking glios.
Replacement of dead nerve cells gleamy - the process is quite natural that further work your brain when there is not fatal damage. However, the emergence of foci of gliosis indicates other diseases that threaten the Central nervous system.