Hypertension syndrome: causes, Diagnostika, treatment
Hypertension syndrome, also known as hydrocephalic is a particular pathological condition in which cerebrospinal fluid is produced in increased quantities. This liquid is called in medicine the fluid usually accumulates within the meninges and in small quantities in the ventricles of the brain.
Western doctors often attribute the disease to one of the types of pathologies from the development of the brain. Despite this, the hydrocephalus is in most cases the syndrome.
The hallmark of the disease is that often the hypertension-hydrocephalic syndrome, as one of the diagnoses is installed incorrectly, and it happens almost 98% of cases. The situation can be explained by the fact that this pathology is common in people is very rare.
Varieties of the disease
Hypertension syndrome is classified depending on the age of onset.
So this disease exists only in three types:
Hypertensive syndrome in children.
- in children;
- in adults.
In most cases, the syndrome is manifested in newborns due to congenital reasons. In the case of children or adults, the disease is acquired in nature.
But each of these groups has its own factors, directly influencing the emergence of disease.
Causes of syndrome in newborns
Hypertensive hydrocephalic syndrome has many possible causes in newborns, and these are the main ones:
- The occurrence of complications during pregnancy, often triggered by infectious or viral diseases.
- Hypoxia of the fetus.
- Abnormalities in the cardiovascular system.
- Damage to the fetus during childbirth, which is mechanical in nature.
- Delay fetal development.
- A traumatic brain injury that can be inflicted on the child as in pregnancy and in childbirth.
- Anomalies in fetal development.
- Births that occur prematurely or late.
- Dehydration of the fruit, which lasts more than 12 hours.
- Chronic disease of the future mother.
Causes of acquired syndrome
Hypertensive syndrome in children as in adults, is acquired character. Often the result of his appearance or even concomitant diagnosis becomes cerebral palsy.
But the main reasons are the following factors:
- Hematoma in the area of the brain, or a malignant tumor in hisdepartments.
- The fragmentation of the bones of the skull with penetration of the fragment inside the brain.
- Cysts of parasitic character.
- Hypertension skull.
- The effects of stroke.
- Infringements of a metabolism.
How to identify the disease?
Before installing this diagnosis, you need to know what is hypertensive syndrome and how it manifests itself. Its symptoms include two transitions, as in hypertension and hydrocephalus.
Hypertension is increased intracranial pressure and hydrocephalus - deviation in the form of increasing fluid (CSF) within the brain.
The main symptoms of hypertensive syndrome in newborns are:
- bad reaction to breast refusal and feeding;
- the groans and cries without cause;
- a marked decrease in muscle tone;
- the lack of pronounced gag reflex;
- tremor or convulsions of the limbs;
- changes in the eyes - swelling of apples, strabismus, presence of a white band between the pupil and the upper eyelid, the lower eyelid hidden behind the iris;
- tensions in the area of the Fontanelle;
- the dynamic increase in head diameter that reaches 1 cm in a month.
A little differently manifested hypertension-hydrocephalic syndrome in children:
- the strong morning headache;
- nausea and urge to vomit;
- complicated lifting eyes and the pain that occurs when turning the head;
- pale skin and constant fatigue, resulting in dizziness;
- muscle pain and abnormalities in the functions of the vestibular apparatus;
- fear of bright lights and too loud sounds;
- reduced memory, concentration and thought process.
Hypertensive syndrome seen in adults is almost the same as in children. In addition to the above symptoms in this group of people characterized by deterioration of visual function and consciousness, a sharp headache and urge to vomit, which results in cramps. Very rarely there may come a coma.
Diagnosis of the disease
To determine the syndrome is very difficult, and diagnosis with full guarantee of its probability - an impossible task. Syndrome is defined by the correct operation of the reflexes, as well as the size of head circumference. To confirm or detect its presence in children or adults is the examination of ocular vascular, tomography, ultrasound, and lumbar puncture of the CSF.
Treatment of symptom in infants and children
Livorno-hypertensive syndrome requires special treatmentwhich is different for different groups of patients.
Newborns need to visit and be treated by a neurologist until the age of one year. If you have a special testimony this period may be extended. Depending on the severity of the disease and its manifestations, the specialist should make the necessary treatment.
It can include those drugs whose action is directed to the removal of excess CSF. Them are Triampur, Glycerol, etc. Also in this case, the intended use of the funds, which provide a tone of vascular - for example, the case with these.
A great addition you can consider sedatives or natural herbs and their extracts - motherwort, Valerian, mint, etc.
Often the cause of the syndrome to be a violation of the nervous system. Despite prescribed treatment, prevention and recovery for young parents must provide the child with proper sleep and nutrition, frequent walks in the fresh air, the lack of irritants and infections. In compliance with the treatment and all the recommendations after 6 months, there may be a normalization of intracranial pressure, which in the future will not deviate from the norm.
Older children need to consult a child neurologist at least twice a year, during which the measurement of the fundus and is assigned an x-ray of the skull. After suffering a traumatic brain injury or in the presence of inflammatory processes in the brain or its membranes requires supervision and treatment in the clinic.
Treatment for adults is also very important, as neglected diseases could be a threat not only for health but for life. The influence of high pressure for a long period does not allow the brain to function properly, which leads to a decrease of intellectual abilities and even dysfunction of the nervous regulation in relation to the internal organs. Often the result is a hormonal disorder.
Treatment of hypertension in adults include diuretics, thereby enhancing the allocation of CSF and its absorption. This therapy is conducted in some courses, and in complicated forms of the medication should be taken every week. If the disease is of a mild nature, it is possible treatment without medication.
However, it is necessary to follow a few recommendations:
- to normalize drinking regime;
- to perform a complex gymnastic exercises, which help to decrease intracranial pressure;
- get rid of unnecessary head venous system withuse of osteopathy or manual therapy.
Very rarely hypertension is becoming a serious threat to human health. In this case, it is necessary to conduct surgery. This operation involves the implantation of shunts through which the cerebrospinal fluid will be withdrawn from the brain. The result will be a gradual decrease in the manifestations of the symptoms of the disease and, as a result, getting rid of it fully.
Timely access to a specialist is always the right solution for the first signs of the disease. If the time to begin treatment, illness will not be able to acquire a chronic or severe form.
Following the recommendations of the doctor and adherence to the prescribed treatment regimens will allow you to very quickly return to normal life, not the disease.