Treatment and symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia in children
A condition in which vascular tone "unbalanced" due to dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system is a vegeto-vascular dystonia in children. Pathology is accompanied by a number of characteristic symptoms in the areas of nervous, endocrine, digestive and cardiovascular systems. Before three years, the disease not manifest, but the most danger-prone girls.
Suspecting the presence of your child has this disease, contact your doctor immediately - further development of the disease can lead to bronchial asthma, gastric ulcers and hypertension.
We have to consider the causes of the disease, its main symptoms and pathology associates. Special attention will be paid to the prevention and treatment of dystonia. VSD in children is manifested in the contraction of blood vascular - hence the many systemic disorders. Sad, but VSD is diagnosed even in apparently healthy children. Let's try to understand the essence of this phenomenon.
Causes of pathology
First you need to understand that the human body needs to be tough regulation of the autonomic system. Internal organs and blood vascular are controlled by the autonomic nervous division. The slightest breach in the interaction lead to disastrous consequences, VSD in children and adolescents with a whole "bouquet" of comorbidities.
Here are the main reasons of violations:
- the rapid development of industrial civilization;
- the introduction of household chemicals and genetically modified products;
- genetic predisposition;
- pathology of pregnancy;
- features of the Constitution;
- brain injury;
- the increase in the intensity of information flows;
- socio-economic factors (family conflicts, increased pace of life of parents, frequent moves, loads at school).
- chronic infection (tonsillitis, caries, sinusitis);
- mental illness;
- toxic nerve lesions;
- disease, leading to violations of metabolic processes in the body (the pathology of the heart and kidneys, diabetes).
The main cause of dystonia - stress factor. High school, and load high volume training programs are the main enemies of the modern child. To avoid this difficult, so you should think about relaxation and change of activity. Just below, we will consider the symptoms of the disease.
What are the possible symptoms to identify VSD
The pathology most often seen during periods of active growth of the baby - these intervals are associated with the rapid development of the autonomic system. The dominance of the vagal tone entails clinicalconsequences.
Children quickly get tired, can't perform long-running work, they are apathetic, indecisive and have trouble sleeping. The symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia in children are not limited.
Here is the full list of symptoms:
- lack of appetite in overweight;
- a fear of closed spaces and humid premises;
- a decrease in the activity of the baby;
- cold intolerance;
- unexplained pain in the abdomen;
- feeling short of breath;
- the constant sighs, "lump in throat";
- allergic reactions;
- marbling of the skin;
- vestibular disorders;
- high level of sweating;
- urination (frequent), excessive salivation;
- puffiness under the eyes;
- constipation, spastic nature.
There are also negative phenomena in the region of the heart and blood vascular. Blood pressure decreases, heart rate becomes more rare. Happens the illusion of "larger" size of the heart.
ECG may demonstrate sinus bradycardia symptoms.
If the IRR is accompanied by sympathetic tone, should pay attention to the following signs:
- a decrease in pain sensitivity;
- changeability of mood (lability);
- attention span;
- the sense of warmth, reinforced palpitations;
- predisposition to neurotic state;
- paresthesias in the extremities;
- pale skin, cold extremities, white dermographism;
- unmotivated rise in temperature;
Related pathology - a danger that is not immediately visible
There are threats closely associated with the development of VSD. We are talking about related pathologies. Dystonia in children may be accompanied by a rather strange symptoms, among which are viral diseases, high blood pressure, stress.
These symptoms may indicate the development of the following ailments:
- infectious and inflammatory heart disease;
- The Syndrome Itsenko-Kushinga;
- defect of the heart (changes in heart muscle);
- bronchial asthma;
- Graves ' Disease;
- mental disorder.
For pathology may be accompanied by a large number of syndromes (about thirty). When senestopatii pain "wanders" in different points of the body, changing its intensity and location. From the digestion may be observed abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, nausea and banal deterioration of appetite.
In the case of the disturbed thermoregulation you come acrosswith regular (daily) low temperature.
Here are a couple of examples:
- vascular syndrome (hypertension and hypotension);
- cardiac syndrome (heart pain, disruptions in the normal functioning of the heart);
- respiratory syndrome (wheezing, shortness of breath);
- neurotic syndrome (changeable mood, dizziness, fatigue, sleep disturbances, and frequent headaches).
Methods of diagnosis of the disease
Sometimes the disease occurs in a relaxed rhythm, but it does happen and sudden crises. Among the signs of vaginalnogo crisis it is worth noting choking, sweating, nausea, migraine, pallor, increase in AD. Sympathoadrenal crisis is characterized by increased urination, fear of death, a rise in temperature, chills, tachycardia and headache.
In the presence of these signs the child urgently needs to take to the clinic, where it is inspected by the following doctors:
Doctors diagnose VSD after you have eliminated the probable defeat of bodies of a different nature. Is assigned a series of instrumental studies, Doppler ultrasonography, rheovasography, rheoencephalography. These procedures help to localize the lesion - autonomic system.
Carefully examines the results of an electrocardiogram:
- shortened PQ interval;
- flattened T-prong;
- located below the level of the contour of the ST segment.
Modern technologies of treatment
The performance is achieved by combining preventive, pharmacological and non-pharmacological methods. Before you start the treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia in children protect your baby from stressful situations. Stop fighting, minimize the impact of the school workload. Love and peace should reign in the family.
Plan the day kid mode, trim entertainment, relaxation and exercise. Positive mood - the key to therapeutic success. Recommended manual therapy, medical massage, hydrotherapy and physiotherapy.
Herbs can also help, but here it is necessary to give preference to duties with sedative effect:
- the devil;
- the Siberian ginseng;
- the motherwort;
- the ginseng;
Non-pharmacological therapeutic effect
Excessive drug load can lead to unnecessary problems in childrenthe body. Therefore, to begin treatment of VSD in children is always with non-drug methods of influence. In fact, this therapy is considered to be basic. It is primarily about adherence:
- walks in the fresh air;
- 9-hour sleep;
- the limitation of workload (lessons to be done, but their implementation is organised breaks);
- healthy balanced nutrition;
- reducing the time spent by the child at the computer and other electronic devices related to information flows (cellphone, TV);
- moderate exercise;
- water treatment;
- therapeutic massage and electrophoresis;
- music lessons;
It is also recommended phytotherapy - the use of lemon balm (neurotic form of the disease) and chamomile (indigestion). Effective are physiotherapy electrophoresis bromine (treated in the collar region) and electrosleep.
Good help is taking vitamin complexes.
Among the useful sports are:
- outdoor games.
Treatment with medicines
Medicines prescribed by the doctor does not always and only in combination with non-pharmacological impact. If the child is able to lead a full life, doctors prescribe a balanced complex of drugs.
When running the course of the disease the child must undergo a medical examination, which included an endocrinologist, a psychiatrist, an internist, an ophthalmologist and a neurologist (the girls added a gynecologist).
Can be discharged with the following medications:
- stimulants of blood circulation;
- a neuroprotectant;
- the tranquilizers.
All medicines prescribed by the doctor individually. There is no "universal" set of medicines. Avoid self-treatment, it may lead to irreparable consequences for the health of your child.
Antidepressants and tranquilizers are prescribed only in extreme cases, the emphasis is on sedative substances.
Preventive measures include not only the correct mode of the day and normalisation of the psychological climate within the family. Doctors recommend to balance the daily diet a little patient. Enter in the use of legumes, berries, cereals, sprouts, fruits and vegetables, vegetable oils, nuts and dried fruits.
Islimit consumption of the following foods:
- oily fish and meat;
- carbonated beverages;
- tea and coffee (if there is a tendency to hypertension).
Harmonious development of personality prevents the progression of disease. Put your emphasis on good nutrition and restorative measures. Occasionally you can pay attention to the visits to the family psychologist. The complex of the proposed measures will eliminate the repetition and progression of the paroxysms, and in the long term completely normalize the patient's health.