Urticarial vasculitis: symptoms and treatment
Urticarial vasculitis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the walls of capillary and small vascular (in rare cases affects the veins, arteries, etc.). Clinical manifestations of the disease - urticarial rash on the skin (thick blisters, papules, hemorrhagic rash, nodules, which are often "soldered" to each other).
What causes this disease?
The major causes of this disease are:
- Allergic reactions (to food, household chemicals, medications, etc.);
- Infections (including chronic);
- Taking drugs (especially those which are able to intonate the vascular wall, increase or decrease permeability, for example, hormones).
Types of vasculitis
Urticarial vasculitis is divided into two types:
- Hypocomplementemic or primary that affects skin cells. During the installation of the diagnosis it differencesbut from such pathologies as systemic lupus erythematosus, because both diseases have similar manifestations.
- The secondary symptoms of the disease that caused it, as this pathology is always the result of another serious disease.
Symptoms of urticarial vasculitis depend on the type of the disease, but the most significant are:
- Skin rashes. It can be papules, purpura, blisters, which, unlike hives, painful on palpation, accompanied by itching and burning. It is also important to remember that the urticaria disappears after a while once the allergen that caused it ceases to influence the body. Vasculitis do not go away on their own and progresses without proper treatment.
- Inflammation of the joint capsule, pain in the joints.
- Swelling in the affected area.
- Sometimes there is fever.
- In rare cases, patients have enlarged lymph nodes.
It is important to remember that unicornia manifestations of vasculitis there is not always and depend on the type of disease, its causes, etc. moreover, depending on the type of affected vascular and the localization of inflammatory process, vasculitis can become a life threatening condition. For example, in lesions of brain vascular urticarial vasculitis can lead to stroke.
Upon detection itself, skin symptoms, consult a doctor.
How to diagnose urticarial vasculitis?
In the absence of vneconomy symptoms doctors have to first differentiate the disease fromother skin pathologies. The patient is administered the surrender of General analysis of blood and urine, biochemistry of blood, if there is suspicion for an autoimmune cause of the disease is also fed to the immunity. When vasculitis show increased levels of basophils and eosinophiles, change the indicator of ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate).
For the diagnosis of changes of the heart run an EKG.
For studies of skin biopsy of skin. Samples are preferably taken from the affected rash areas for a more accurate diagnosis. The presence of broken particles of white blood cells, fibrinoid changes, destruction of skin cells evidence of vasculitis.
During histological examination, it is observed that blood vascular are swollen, sometimes touched by the necrosis of the tissue near the affected area saturated with plasma (because of violations of the permeability of the vessel).
If specialists suspect secondary urticarial vasculitis, appointed and other surveys to determine underlying pathology.
Features of therapy
Treatment urticarial vasculitis depends on the degree and type of disease. The main goal of drug therapy is to suppress inflammation.
- If the vasculitis is secondary, specialists treat the disease is the root cause.
- If vasculitis is not very pronounced and the disease is slow, the patient is assigned an antihistamine (Klarisens, claritin, etc.) and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Ibuprofen, Diclofenac, Meloxicam, etc.).
- If the therapeutic effect is not achieved, the doctor prescribes glucocorticoids (Prednisone, Hydrocortisone, Dexamethasone).
- For stimulation of immunity is shown taking a multivitamin.
- Antiviral drugs and money, relieves acute inflammation used for complications of infections.
- Physical therapy is shown at any stage of the disease.
- Adjusted diet: in the diet are foods with a high vitamin C content and rich in micro and macro.
- To restore vascular prescribe rutin, ascorbic acid, broth hips, nettle, Rowan and so on.
- In some cases, when the lung flow of the patient is directed to plazmoferez (the procedure of cleaning the blood by using high-tech equipment).
- For local application to inflammation is recommended to use the ointment Troksevazin, Levsin and others.
- If the incidence of infection is given special attention to any indications of its further development: caries, otitis media, sinusitis, sinusitis.
- If there are disturbances in the heart, is used Riboksin and vitamins (especially 12).
With proper treatment and timely treatment toprofessionals urticarial vasculitis is able to create life-threatening only if the affected other systems of the body.
If the disease occurred on the background of other pathology, it usually becomes chronic. However, carefully chosen therapy can achieve long-term remission and significantly improve the quality of life of the patient.
Unfortunately, the special prevention against vasculitis has not been developed. To protect yourself from this disease by using a balanced diet, healthy lifestyle, sports. It is also very important to prevent infectious diseases, and when they occur to observe all the prescriptions for speedy recovery.